How to Make an Ice Bucket out of a Pumpkin
Posted on 11 October 2017
Wait, don't toss that pumpkin! Make it the star of your holiday party by transforming it into a chic ice bucket in a few easy steps. Chilled wine, anyone?
- dry erase marker/pencil
- large serrated knife
- paring knife
- large wooden spoon/pumpkin scooper
- beverage of choice
- Select a long, stretched-out pumpkin that's already resting on its side (so it will have a flat, stable base).
- Place on top of newspaper for easy clean up later.
- Trace a large oval across the top ⅓ of the pumpkin using a dry erase marker or pencil.
- Cut along line at a 45-degree angle with serrated knife and remove top.
- Scoop out pumpkin innards and smooth interior surface with paring knife
- wash and pat dry.
- Put ice and pre-chilled wine in pumpkin ice bucket just before guests arrive.